Yoga & Ayurveda
Yoga and Ayurveda Ayurveda
Dr. Rama Prasad DrRamaPrasad.Com 0425 233 426
Yoga and Ayurveda Same origin and same principles - Yoga and Ayurveda are used for personal and planetary wellness for tens of thousands of years. Ayurveda is mostly wellness centred while Yoga is centred around stillness. Wellness is a topic that covers environment, lifestyle and mind body. Yoga uses these resources for true bliss and beyond. Rama will share amazing stories from his traditional training in south India and clinical experience to show you the huge possibilities of Yoga and Ayurveda in health, wealth and wellness industries.
- Yoga chittasya Padena vaachaam Malam shareerasya cha vaidyakena
- Yo/apaakarot tam Pravaram muneenam Patanjali praanjalir/aanatosmi
- Sage Patanjali created Yoga, Linguistics and Ayurveda.
- What are they
- Art is kala = the dance of the goddess = wisdom in serene action. Every form of knowledge is Kala.
- Science is shaastra = systematic search to accurate information.
- Ayurveda and Yoga are sisters. Follow the same principles.
- With Artharva-like rituals and remedies, Ayurveda aligns our body with nature (for a connected body).
- And then our body with its constitution (for a joyful existence).
- Then we see the real world = darshanas = Yoga.
- Here, Yoga does the chitta-vritti-nirodhah - creating an effective person.
- Practiced personally, Ayurveda is purely an art on living well.
- Practiced in clinic, Ayurveda is a science of life.
- Same is applicable to Yoga. Both are art. Both are science.
- Sustainability. Universal wellness.
- All nature - nothing manhandled.
- Ayurveda is about illness to wellness. Yoga is about wellness to stillness.
- Ayurveda is the body-work. Yoga is the mind-work.
- If Ayurveda is the clinical Yoga, Yoga is the spiritual Ayurveda.
- Ayurveda emphasis Balam. Yogis - prana. Tantrics - tejas. Others - ojas.
- Both are soul-focussed to make our life an exhilarating journey of self.
- Just like a pilot knows the air traffic and their planes, a body owner needs to know their body.
- Then we can do the consciousness practices - Yoga.
- Mind body side
- Every disease has a specific pathology related to specific structure and functions. This will reveal the subconscious stress patterns.
- Its not by controlling thoughts, Dins Deeps. Its by understanding our stress and its cause.
- Once we understand the stress with its cause through a brief counselling we can dissolve it.
- Yes, Vedic scriptures help us understand how life works, knowing which our expectations are kept realistic - this prevents severe stress and thus serious illnesses.
Lord Dhanwantari - Just a God of Medicine?