The process of a weak immune system reacting to normal things is called allergy from an Ayurvedic point of view. Immune system (Balam) takes care of all systems, organs and tissues. Sometimes due to stress, it stops doing it for a part or whole body. When it is just a part thats getting no care from the immune system, it will be labelled as allergy. Common conditions are allergy to cockroach, drug, dust, food, insect sting, latex, mold, pets, sallicylates and conditions like sinusitis, skin allergies, rhinitis and eye allergies.
Cause and process of allergies in general
Some of the possible pathological factors are given below:
1) Lowered isolated immune functions - Bala-kshayam
2) Weakened digestion and metabolism - Agni-dushti
3) Obstructions in affected channels - Sroto-dushti
4) Weakness of channels - Srota-ksheenam
5) Weakened and toxicity - Dosha-dushti
6) Circulatory and neural weakness - Vata-kopam
How to manage allergies
While staying away from allergies and managing stress, ayurveda finds ways to empower your immune system (bala vardhanam), any affected system of your body (sroto poshanam), correct the digestion and metabolism (agni vardhanam), correct natural bodily currents (dosha-sameekaranam) and nourishing bodily juices (vata haranam).
Insect Sting Allergies
Nigella, curry leaves, turmeric etc are great in certain nasal and digestive allergies.